Monday 15 September 2014

When Gratitude Has Become a Challenge

Recently I have been invited to participate in a five-day gratitude challenge. I happily accepted and thought it was just a piece of cake.

Writing positive Facebook updates is as easy as ever.  What surprises me, however, is the impact it has on me: as I am pushed to write down thankful thoughts, I become more focused on the blessings I have received, and how much I am indebted to those who have been loving and kind to myself and my loved ones in various ways.

As our lives are filled with the buzz of constant flow of information, practicalities, plans, aspiration, anxiety and also unforgiving thoughts, it has become a challenge indeed to just pause for a second and focus on what we should be grateful for in life.

Choosing gratitude has reminded me to focus on what is noble, what is kind, what is good and what is praise-worthy. It softens my heart, opens my eyes, and motivates me to get moving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment